Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Beautify Your Switches and Outlets

After putting up new curtains, I wanted to spice up the room some more without going overboard. I looked around as I thought of what to do next. Then I saw the cream-colored light switch which stood out from the stark white walls. Those bad boys needed to go!

A quick trip to the craft store and I came back home with a book of self-adhering fabric papers. This book costs $19.99 (sounds pricey I know), but it comes with 12 sheets with six different patterns. I was able to do three rooms with three different patterns and still have a lot of fabric paper left for future projects.

WHAT YOU NEED:
  • Adhesive Fabric Paper
  • Precision Cutting Blade
  • Scissors
  • Pencil
WHAT YOU DO:
  • Trace the outline of the outlet or switch plate. Make sure you leave at least 1/4 inch for each side to cover the faceplate entirely.
  • Cut out the holes with the precision cutting blade.
  • Peel the cut-out and stick it to the light switch or outlet plate.
This project is so easy, and using the self-adhering fabric paper is mess-free since it eliminates the need to use glue. Try it out and send me some pictures of your finish product and I'll post it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment