Sunday, February 12, 2012

No Knead To Do That


My aunt loves giving just-coz-i-want-to presents (which I love by the way), and recently she sent me a bread maker. My first thought upon seeing what was inside the box was, "this is going to the attic." This thing was a beast, it was like a toaster on steroids, and I seriously did not know what to do with it. I mean, who really makes their own bread at home anymore? I live not 5 minutes away from a Super Target and a gigantic Meijer that my bread selection is never scarce. However, my brief moment of idiocy quickly passed. The kids were taking their afternoon nap, I have an hour or two to spare, why not make me some bread. I lugged the bread maker to the kitchen and started gathering ingredients from the Google search I did just a few days ago for "Molasses Bread from Cheesecake Factory".
Unfortunately, that recipe didn't turn out as good as the real thing. A stickler for perfection, I just had to try other varieties in hopes of getting the right one. And find the right one I did! After several trials and errors, I finally made my first perfect bread. No, it's not the Molasses Bread, not yet. This recipe is for a sweet bread (ala hawaiian bread style), great for pairing with Spinach dip or eating it all by itself. I did the former and boy was it a hit. If you have a bread maker and don't know what to with it, here's an easy to make sweet bread recipe for you.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EASY HAWAIIAN BREAD STYLE BREAD | BREAD MAKER RECIPE

2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
3 1/4 cups bread flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp butter (melted)
2 eggs
1 cup canned evaporated milk
1/8 cup canned evaporated milk (optional, for glazing)
1/4 cup apple juice

1) Place all the ingredients except for the 1/8 cup of evaporated milk in the bread maker according to the manufacturer's directions. (with my bread maker, i put the dry ingredients in first then the liquids)

2) When the cycle has ended, remove the dough from the bread maker and roll it on rest of the evaporated milk. Cover loosely with a damp cloth or plastic and let rise until doubled in size (about 30 mins).

3) Preheat the oven to 350F. Bake for 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't overcook this bread so it stays yummy and doughy. Unless of course you like your bread well done lol. By the way, keep the leftovers if you ever have any, it makes a great garlic bread or homemade croutons for your next meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment